- The Edison Future EF1-T is a full-size electric pickup truck from California-based startup, EdisonFuture, expected to be released in 2025.
- The EF1-T is designed to compete with popular models such as the Ford F-150 and Chevrolet Silverado, offering similar dimensions and specifications.
- Various drive configurations will be available for the EF1-T, including rear-wheel-drive, single-motor, dual-motor, and tri-motor all-wheel-drive setups.
- The EF1-T will offer different battery sizes, allowing customers to tailor their selection according to their budget and range requirements.
- The base range of the EF1-T is expected to be 300 miles, with the top model offering a range of 450 miles on a single charge.
- Performance-wise, the EF1-T will feature permanent-magnet motors, with the top-end model boasting 700 horsepower and 0-60 mph acceleration in 3.9 seconds.
- Towing capacity is another highlight of the EF1-T, with the ability to tow up to 11,000 pounds depending on the chosen configuration.
- A unique feature of the EF1-T is the optional solar roof, which can add 15-25 miles of range on a sunny day.
- The interior of the EF1-T is set to offer a three-seat front bench, a 17.5-inch floating touchscreen, and various seating configurations for passenger convenience.
- While pricing is yet to be announced, the EF1-T is expected to be competitively priced within the electric pickup truck market, with a release slated for 2025.
2025 Edison Future EF1-T Electric Pickup Truck: Specifications, Range, and Performance
California-based startup, EdisonFuture, is set to enter the electric pickup truck market with their 2025 EF1-T model. Designed to compete with popular models like the Ford F-150 and Chevrolet Silverado, the EF1-T offers impressive specifications and performance.
Design and Dimensions
The EF1-T is a full-size electric truck with dimensions similar to the F-150 and Silverado. It features a four-door crew cab and a 6.5- or 8-foot bed. While exact body dimensions have yet to be released, the design combines elements from both Chevy and Ford's electric pickups.
Drive Configurations and Battery Options
EdisonFuture plans to offer a range of drive configurations, including rear-wheel-drive, single-motor, dual-motor, and tri-motor all-wheel-drive setups. Customers will also have the option to choose from different battery sizes to suit their budget and range expectations. While specific battery sizes have not been disclosed, the EF1-T is expected to have a base range of 300 miles, with the top model offering a range of 450 miles on a single charge.
Performance and Towing Capacity
The EF1-T will be powered by permanent-magnet motors, with up to three motors available depending on the configuration. The single motor version is estimated to have 6.5 seconds acceleration from 0 to 60 mph. The two-motor version will produce around 600 horsepower and achieve 0-60 mph in 4.5 seconds. The top-of-the-line three-motor version is expected to deliver 700 horsepower and reach 60 mph in just 3.9 seconds.
In terms of towing capacity, the EF1-T is rated to tow up to 11,000 pounds, depending on the configuration. The EF1-V van model, on the other hand, can tow up to 8,000 pounds.
Solar Roof Option and Charging
EdisonFuture will offer a solar roof option for the EF1-T, utilizing their parent company's solar power innovations. The solar roof can add an additional 15-25 miles of range on a sunny day. Charging the EF1-T is made convenient with DC fast charging, which can bring the battery from 0 to 80 percent in just 25 minutes.
Interior and Features
Inside, the EF1-T boasts a three-seat front bench and a 17.5-inch floating touchscreen for infotainment controls. The cabin offers ample space and comfort for passengers, with the option for two or three rows of seating in the passenger-oriented versions. The pickup also features tie-down points in the bed and provisions for a gooseneck or fifth-wheel trailer hitch.
Expected Pricing and Availability
While specific pricing details have not been announced, the EdisonFuture EF1-T is expected to be competitively priced within the electric pickup truck market. As for availability, customers can look forward to the 2025 release of the EF1-T.
In conclusion, the 2025 Edison Future EF1-T electric pickup truck offers impressive specifications, performance, and a range of options for customers. With its sleek design, versatile configurations, and solar roof option, the EF1-T is set to make a splash in the electric truck market.