- New Kodiaq has updated exterior styling with larger dimensions, new grille, and improved aerodynamics
- Interior gains larger touchscreen, new voice control, wireless charging and up to 4 USB ports
- Plug-in hybrid model introduced for first time with electric range over 100km
- Powertrain options include petrol, diesel, and mild hybrid engines with power up to 204hp
- Enhanced chassis technology with adaptive dampers for improved driving dynamics
- Advanced safety systems added like collision avoidance, turn assist and remote parking
- Continues to offer excellent value compared to rivals in large SUV segment
- Sportline model has blacked-out trim, anthracite wheels and sports seats
- Up to 9 airbags and upgraded existing driver aids like Travel Assist
- Overall meaningful updates to styling, interior, powertrains and technology to keep Kodiaq competitive
2024 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline: What to Expect from Skoda's New Large SUV
Skoda has unveiled the second generation of its popular Kodiaq SUV. The 2024 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline model brings updated styling, new technology features, and revised engine options to Skoda's 7-seat SUV.
The new Kodiaq adopts a more powerful appearance, with squared-off wheel arches and Skoda's latest grille design. The SUV is slightly larger than before, now measuring 4,758mm long and 1,864mm wide.
Key exterior changes include:
- New TOP LED Matrix headlights with animated turn signals
- Wider grille with illuminated strips (optional)
- Revised front and rear bumpers
- Improved aerodynamics (cd 0.282)
- Larger alloy wheels, up to 20 inches
The Kodiaq Sportline model features blacked-out trim details, 19-inch anthracite wheels, and full LED lighting.
Inside, the Kodiaq gains a new 13-inch touchscreen display and "Smart Dials" for quick access to functions like climate control and driving modes. There are now up to 4 USB-C ports, advanced voice control, and a wireless phone charger.
The Sportline model has sports seats and a black/grey color scheme with metal-look trim.
Powertrain and Performance
For the first time, the Kodiaq will be offered as a plug-in hybrid (Kodiaq iV). This combines a 1.5L turbo petrol engine with an electric motor for 204hp and an electric range of over 100km.
The range also includes:
- 1.5L TSI mild hybrid (150hp)
- 2.0L TSI petrol (204hp)
- 2.0L TDI diesels (150hp, 193hp)
The top engines get all-wheel drive. Improved chassis technology like DCC adaptive dampers will enhance dynamics.
Safety and Driver Aids
The new Kodiaq introduces advanced safety aids like Collision Avoidance Assist, Turn Assist, and Remote Park Assist. Existing features including Travel Assist have also been upgraded.
There are up to 9 airbags, and the SUV continues to offer Skoda's excellent value-for-money.
Overall, the 2024 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline brings meaningful updates to keep Skoda's large SUV competitive. Key changes include plug-in hybrid capability, refreshed styling, improved interior space and technology, and upgraded driver assistance systems.