- Porsche introduces the highly anticipated 2024 911 Carrera T, a touring variant that combines driving pleasure and performance.
- The 911 Carrera T is equipped with a seven-speed manual transmission and offers the option of an eight-speed PDK gearbox at no additional cost.
- Weighing 100 lbs. lighter than a standard 911 Carrera, the 911 Carrera T focuses on saving weight with features like rear seat delete and reduced sound insulation.
- With its PASM Sport Suspension and Sport Chrono Package as standard, the 911 Carrera T delivers an exhilarating driving experience.
- Powered by a twin-turbo six-cylinder engine generating 379 hp and 331 lb.-ft. of torque, the 911 Carrera T offers impressive performance.
- Exclusive design elements include Titanium Grey Carrera S wheels, a GT Sport steering wheel, Sport Exhaust System, and four-way Sport Seats Plus.
- The 911 Carrera T pays tribute to the heritage of the original 911 T, a touring car from 1968, continuing Porsche's successful touring concept.
- Interior details such as dark grey accents, Agate Grey painted elements, and the Carrera T Interior Package offer a personalized touch.
- Customers can choose from a range of options, including adaptive sport seats, full bucket seats, and a wide selection of colors for further customization.
- The 2024 Porsche 911 Carrera T will be available at U.S. dealerships in spring 2023, with a starting price of $116,600 (excluding delivery and handling fee).
Porsche Introduces the 2024 911 Carrera T: Combining Driving Pleasure and Performance
Porsche, renowned for its exceptional sports cars, is expanding its 911 model line with the addition of the highly anticipated 2024 Porsche 911 Carrera T. Embodying the spirit of "Touring," the letter T signifies a variant equipped with features that elevate both driving pleasure and performance. This new addition to the 911 family offers a compelling driving experience, boasting a seven-speed manual transmission and the option for an eight-speed PDK gearbox. Furthermore, the rear seat delete is standard, although customers can opt to have the rear seat at no additional cost. With a focus on weight reduction, the 911 Carrera T weighs in at 3,254 lbs., a significant 100 lbs. lighter than a standard 911 Carrera (PDK only). Complemented by a PASM Sport Suspension, featuring a 10 mm lower ride height compared to the standard 911 Carrera, as well as reduced sound insulation, the 911 Carrera T is tailored for driving enthusiasts seeking pure excitement.
Enhanced Performance: PASM Sport Suspension and Sport Chrono Package as Standard
Positioned between the 911 Carrera and 911 Carrera S, the 2024 911 Carrera T shares the same twin-turbo six-cylinder engine found in the 911 Carrera, generating an impressive 379 hp and 331 lb.-ft. of torque. Notably, the T variant is equipped with the mechanical limited slip differential, combined with Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV), which is exclusive to the 911 Carrera S and not available for the 911 Carrera. Moreover, the 911 Carrera T offers standard Sport Chrono Package and PASM Sport Suspension, the latter of which is optional for the 911 Carrera S and unavailable for the 911 Carrera. For enhanced agility, the optional Rear Axle Steering is available exclusively for the 911 Carrera T. The 911 Carrera T, equipped with the standard seven-speed manual transmission, accelerates from 0-60 mph in just 4.3 seconds, while the no-cost eight-speed PDK reduces the sprint time to 3.8 seconds. With a top track speed of 181 mph, regardless of transmission choice, the 911 Carrera T delivers exhilarating performance on every journey.
Exquisite Design and Exclusive Features
The 2024 Porsche 911 Carrera T showcases distinct design elements that elevate its appearance. The Titanium Grey Carrera S wheels, measuring 20 inches at the front and 21 inches at the rear, impart a commanding presence. These wheels are complemented by tires measuring 245/35 (front) and 305/30 (rear). Inside the cabin, the 911 Carrera T exudes sportiness with a GT Sport steering wheel, Sport Exhaust System, and four-way Sport Seats Plus as standard. To further enhance the driving experience, the rear seats are removed, and the sound deadening is reduced. Thinner glass and a more compact battery are also incorporated, reducing weight while maintaining the highest level of performance.
Continuing the Legacy: Porsche's Successful Touring Concept
The heritage of the 911 Carrera T can be traced back to the original 911 T, a touring car introduced in 1968. Porsche revived this exceptional and lightweight 911 variant in 2017 with the 991 model line. The success of the concept led to its implementation across various Porsche model lines, including the 718 Cayman T, 718 Boxster T, and Macan T. The 2024 911 Carrera T pays homage to this illustrious history while delivering a modern driving experience that thrills enthusiasts.
Uniquely Tailored Interior and Exterior Details
Distinguished by its exclusive interior elements, the 911 Carrera T features special dark grey accents, adding a touch of sophistication. Agate Grey accents adorn the upper and lower mirror covers, as well as the model designation on the doors and rear of the car. The Sport Exhaust System is enhanced with high-gloss black tailpipes, further accentuating the sporty appeal of the vehicle. Inside the cabin, standard four-way adjustable Sport Seats Plus offer unparalleled comfort and support. Matte black interior trim, complemented by high-gloss black decorative inlays, create an ambiance that exemplifies the T package. For those seeking personalization, the optional Carrera T Interior Package adds unique seat belts in Slate Grey or Lizard Green, stripes on the seat centers in the same colors, decorative stitching, and 911 logos embroidered on the headrests. The optional package also includes floor mats with logos and stitching in Lizard Green or Slate Grey.
Unleashing Personalization: Attractive Options and Color Choices
Porsche understands the importance of customization, offering a range of options for the 2024 911 Carrera T. Customers can choose from the 18-way Adaptive Sport Seats Plus or the sporty and lightweight Full Bucket Seats, featuring seat centers in RaceTex. Reinstalling the rear seats comes at no additional cost, except when opting for carbon fiber Full Bucket Seats. The Carrera T Interior Package can be further enhanced with leather, which covers the door armrests and panels, center console, and dashboard. The 911 Carrera T is available in classic colors such as black, white, Guards Red, and Racing Yellow, along with metallic options like Jet Black, Gentian Blue, Ice Grey, and GT Silver. For those seeking more exclusivity, special colors such as Chalk, Ruby Star Neo, Carmine Red, Shark Blue, and Python Green are also available. Additionally, the "Paint to Sample" program expands the palette by offering 110 additional colors, providing limitless customization possibilities.
Availability and Pricing
The 2024 Porsche 911 Carrera T is set to arrive at U.S. dealerships in the spring of 2023, eagerly awaited by automotive enthusiasts. The base MSRP for the 911 Carrera T is $116,600, excluding the $1,450 delivery, processing, and handling fee.