- The 2024 GMC Canyon AT4X AEV Edition sets new standards in the premium off-roading segment, offering unmatched capability and connectivity.
- GMC continues to prioritize delivering advanced and authentically capable trucks, evident in the introduction of AEV Editions across their truck lineup.
- The 2024 Canyon AT4X AEV Edition takes the next-generation Canyon to new heights, featuring enhanced hardware and an assertive stance.
- With its impressive features, such as 35-inch Goodyear Wrangler Territory MT tires and updated front fascia, the Canyon AT4X AEV Edition showcases exceptional off-road performance.
- AEV's signature approach elevates the Canyon AT4X's inherent capability, making it a sought-after choice for overland enthusiasts.
- The Canyon AT4X AEV Edition boasts remarkable off-road metrics, including a front approach angle of 38.2 degrees and a breakover angle of 26.9 degrees.
- GMC's commitment to advanced technology is evident in the 2024 Canyon, offering features like the enhanced Baja drive mode with launch control for improved acceleration.
- The introduction of GM's Ultifi Platform allows for over-the-air updates, ensuring customers can benefit from new features and software advancements.
- The Canyon AT4X AEV Edition's rugged design, featuring heavy-duty bumpers and steel skid plates, provides excellent durability and protection on challenging terrains.
- GMC's next-generation Canyon, along with the all-new Canyon AT4X AEV Edition, fulfills the growing demand for a capable, premium, and technologically advanced midsize truck.
GMC has taken the already impressive 2023 Canyon to new heights with the introduction of the 2024 Canyon AT4X AEV Edition. Building upon the Canyon's capability and connectivity, this model raises the bar by incorporating the cutting-edge Ultifi end-to-end software platform and marking the first-ever Canyon AEV Edition.
Empowering customers to explore their own off-roading adventures within the premium space, GMC continues its commitment to delivering advanced, authentic, and high-performing trucks in North America. Following the successful reception of the AEV Editions on the 2023 GMC Sierra 1500, this exciting offering is now available throughout the GMC truck lineup.
Taking the Canyon to the Next Level
The next-generation Canyon is on a relentless pursuit to become the ultimate midsize truck for off-road enthusiasts seeking capability and luxury. The 2024 Canyon AT4X AEV Edition takes the power and versatility of the Canyon AT4X to new heights. With its commanding stance, enhanced hardware, and upgraded vehicle chassis, it sets a new standard in the segment. Notable features include:
- 35-inch Goodyear Wrangler Territory MT tires with an additional AEV in-bed vertical spare tire mount
- Updated front fascia and larger fender flares enabling larger, wider tracks and an exceptional ground clearance of 12.2 inches, the best in its class
- 4.5-inch factory-installed lift, surpassing the Canyon AT4X by 1.5 inches
- Heavy-duty AEV stamped-steel front and rear bumpers with recovery points and a winch capable front bumper
- Five ultra-high strength, hot-stamped boron steel skid plates optimizing underbody protection for the radiator, steering gear, transmission and transfer case, fuel tank, and rear differential
- Three standard auxiliary control switches for seamless integration of off-road and overlanding accessories
- Exclusive AEV beadlock-capable Salta wheels
- Prominent AEV branding on the bumpers, embroidered head restraints, and all-weather floor liners
AEV CEO and founder, Dave Harriton, expressed his admiration for the Canyon AT4X, stating, "The GMC Canyon AT4X is an incredibly formidable platform when it comes to on- and off-road performance and capability. We took our signature approach to help elevate the Canyon AT4X's inherent off-road capability to the next level. This truck checks a lot of boxes for any discerning overland enthusiast looking for luxury, technology, and capability in a midsize platform."
With an assertive lift and enhanced AEV hardware, the 2024 Canyon AT4X AEV Edition achieves impressive off-road metrics, including a 38.2-degree front approach angle, a 26.9-degree breakover angle, and an optimized 26.0-degree departure angle. The rugged bumpers are designed for serious off-road action, featuring integrated heavy-duty cast rear recovery points and front winch capability. Not only do they excel in performance, but they also offer exceptional durability and corrosion resistance. For added convenience, the rear bumper features removable corners, facilitating easy removal and reinstallation when venturing onto challenging trails.
In addition to its outstanding off-road capabilities, the Canyon continues to enhance its suite of advanced technology. For the 2024 model year, the Canyon's Baja drive mode, exclusive to the Canyon AT4X and AT4X AEV Edition, now includes a new launch control feature. By allowing drivers to simultaneously press and release the brake and accelerator pedals, this feature delivers improved acceleration both on- and off-road. The intelligent launch control adapts to various driving surfaces, adjusting engine speed and torque accordingly to enhance subsequent performance during future launches.
Furthermore, all 2024 Canyons benefit from the introduction of GM's Ultifi Platform, enabling the addition of new features and software updates over time. With this end-to-end vehicle software platform, GMC ensures that these off-road aids can be updated, and new experiences can be added, providing customers with ongoing enhancements and cutting-edge features.
Duncan Aldred, global vice president of Buick-GMC, commented on the growing demand in the midsize truck segment, stating, "Customers want something capable and premium, with purposeful technology that enables them to set off the beaten path. This next-generation GMC Canyon, and the all-new Canyon AT4X AEV Edition, will be all that and more."