- The 2024 GAC GS8 is a medium-sized SUV with enhanced features and stylish design.
- GAC Trumpchi unveiled the official image of the GS8, which will be available in fuel and hybrid configurations.
- The vehicle's appearance maintains the familiar design of the previous model, with dragon scale and wing options for the front face.
- The Shuangqing series features exclusive blue logos, setting it apart from the Pilot series.
- The GS8 boasts hidden door handles, stylish wheels, and a distinct vertical taillight group.
- The interior offers a modern and luxurious experience, with a multifunctional steering wheel and central control LCD screen.
- A Stardew Valley brown interior, Alcantara accents, and optimized stitching on the door trim add a touch of class.
- The GS8 offers a luxury seat package for the 6-seater version, including massage functions and seat heating.
- Safety features such as lane change assist and rear vehicle passing warning come standard in the GS8.
- Powertrain options include a 2.0T GDI engine and a hybrid system developed in collaboration with Toyota.
On June 27, GAC Trumpchi unveiled the official image of their latest medium-sized SUV, the 2024 GAC GS8. This revamped model will be available in four configurations, offering both fuel and hybrid options. The vehicle has undergone detailed adjustments to improve its overall recognition, and it is set to hit the market on June 30.
Exterior Design: A Remodeled Model that Emphasizes Familiarity and Distinction
As a remodeled version, the 2024 GAC GS8 retains the distinctive design language of its predecessor while incorporating subtle updates. Customers can still choose from the iconic double-shaped front face adorned with dragon scales and wings. Notably, the Shuangqing series now features blue exclusive logos on the front and rear, setting it apart from the Pilot series and enhancing its recognition.
Sleek and Fashionable: Noteworthy Elements from Every Angle
When viewed from the side, the new GS8 maintains its hidden door handles and stylish, densely-spoked wheels, creating an impression of sophistication. Although the official rear image has not been released, we can anticipate a unique vertical taillight group and dual chrome-plated exhausts on both sides, accentuating the car's dynamic character. In terms of dimensions, the dragon scale wing model measures 5015mm in length, 1950mm in width, and 1780mm in height, with a wheelbase of 2920mm. The Zhanwei wing model, on the other hand, measures 4980mm in length, 1950mm in width, and 1780mm in height.
Interior Elegance: Technological Advancements and Luxurious Comfort
Inside the cabin, the 2024 GAC GS8 boasts a classic three-spoke multifunctional steering wheel and a spacious central control LCD screen. The full LCD instrumentation adds a touch of modernity and enhances the overall technological feel of the vehicle. The interior showcases a stunning Stardew Valley brown color scheme, complemented by Alcantara accents and optimally designed stitching on the door trim, further elevating the sense of luxury.
Unparalleled Comfort: First-Class Features and Amenities
The 2024 GAC GS8, particularly the dual-engine 6-seater version, offers an optional "first-class private enjoyment" luxury seat package. This package includes a range of premium features such as massage functions for the front seats, second-row seat heating, main and co-driver four-way lumbar support, and a convenient co-pilot boss button. Additionally, the car comes standard with a steering wheel heating function, ensuring a comfortable driving experience.
Enhanced Safety and Convenience: Advanced Technology for a Smooth Drive
In terms of safety and convenience, the 2024 GAC GS8 comes equipped with a comprehensive set of features as standard. These include lane change assist, door opening warning, rear vehicle passing brake assist, rear vehicle passing warning, emergency lane keeping, and more. These functions are designed to enhance driving convenience and ensure a safer journey. Furthermore, the upgraded BorgWarner's sixth-generation torque manager in the GS8 pilot series improves torque tolerance, response speed, and overall weight.
Powertrain Options: Performance Meets Efficiency
The 2024 GAC GS8 offers two powertrain options. The pilot series features the Julang power developed by GAC, with a 2.0T GDI engine delivering an impressive 252 horsepower and 400 Nm of peak torque. Paired with an Aisin 8AT gearbox, this configuration includes a four-wheel drive system. The dual-engine series, on the other hand, utilizes the THS hybrid system developed in collaboration with Toyota. It combines a 2.0T four-cylinder turbocharged engine (190 horsepower) with an electric motor (182 horsepower) and an E-CVT gearbox.