- Toyota at Japan Mobility Show 2023: Toyota will participate in the Japan Mobility Show 2023 from October 26 to November 5, showcasing their innovative concept model, KAYOIBAKO.
- KAYOIBAKO Concept: KAYOIBAKO, inspired by configurable shipping containers, embodies the future of mobility, offering adaptable solutions for diverse needs.
- Freedom of Mobility: KAYOIBAKO allows freedom in leading one's life, enabling mobility anywhere and anytime, emphasizing flexibility and customization.
- Compact Space Concept: This battery electric vehicle (BEV) features an ultra-expandable design, accommodating various roles and applications, contributing to smart grids and social systems.
- Business Applications: KAYOIBAKO addresses business challenges, supporting smart distribution systems in last-mile logistics and offering customization for efficient low-volume transportation.
- Community Solutions: It can be tailored for local communities, serving as a mobile shop with product display shelves or a shuttle bus with additional seating.
- Private Use Customization: KAYOIBAKO caters to individual preferences, creating unique mobility experiences while ensuring accessibility, benefiting diverse lifestyles and enabling easier access for wheelchair users.
- Quality Base Unit: Toyota focuses on interior/exterior packaging and affordability, striving for a high-quality base unit of mobility, emphasizing practicality and adaptability.
- Smart Grid Integration: The vehicle integrates into smart grids and intelligent social systems, emphasizing its role in sustainable and intelligent transportation solutions.
- Mobility for All: KAYOIBAKO contributes to the vision of "Mobility for All," emphasizing inclusivity, accessibility, and diverse usability for a wide range of individuals and communities.
The 2023 Toyota Kayoibako is a new electric concept vehicle that was recently unveiled at the Japan Mobility Show 2023. The Kayoibako represents Toyota's vision for the future of customizable and modular mobility solutions.
Modular Design Enables Customization
The Kayoibako features an "ultra-expandable" design that allows for extensive customization to suit different applications and roles. The basic van platform can be outfitted with various inserts and modules to transform it for business or personal use. For example, it can be turned into a wheelchair accessible vehicle, a last-mile delivery van, or a mobile shop by installing different specialized equipment.
Electric Vehicle Supports Smart Grids
As an electric vehicle, the Kayoibako is designed to interact with and support smart power grids and other intelligent infrastructure systems. The basic battery electric platform offers the potential for vehicle-to-grid integration and other cutting edge transportation technologies.
Mobility for All
Toyota designed the Kayoibako to provide inclusive mobility solutions. The customizable platform can be adapted to improve accessibility for wheelchair users. This aligns with Toyota's vision for mobility that serves everyone's needs.
Affordable and Efficient
Toyota focused on creating a flexible but affordable mobility solution with the Kayoibako. The basic van platform is designed for packaging efficiency and cost-effectiveness. This allows the vehicle to be customized into specialized transportation roles while remaining economically viable.
The 2023 Toyota Kayoibako concept demonstrates the potential for customizable electric vehicles to provide mobility solutions tailored to diverse needs. The modular van platform hints at a future of agile and inclusive transportation options.