- Land Rover is producing a limited edition 2023 Defender to celebrate sponsorship of the 2023 Rugby World Cup in France
- Only 23 units of the special Land Rover Defender Rugby World Cup France edition will be built
- The exterior features a Santorini Black paint job, 22-inch Satin Gold wheels, and Rugby World Cup logos
- Interior has Windsor Leather seats in Ebony, contrast stitching, and embroidered headrest logos
- Edition displays laser-etched fascia panel with name and production number out of 23
- Partnership aims to highlight shared values of durability, versatility and performance
- Special edition Defender uses advanced P400e plug-in hybrid powertrain
- SUV will debut at exclusive event in Paris on September 7, 2022
- Displayed at Land Rover's Defender Houses in Paris, Marseille and Nice during tournament
- The 23 units will be delivered to preselected French customers starting March 2024
- Commemorative model celebrates Land Rover's sponsorship of 2023 Rugby World Cup in France
Land Rover has introduced a special 2023 Land Rover Defender Rugby World Cup France limited edition SUV to celebrate its sponsorship of the 2023 Rugby World Cup in France. Only 23 units of this unique Land Rover Defender will be produced and sold exclusively in the French market.
The exterior of the Land Rover Defender Rugby World Cup France limited edition is finished in Santorini Black paint and features 22-inch Satin Gold alloy wheels. It also has matching bumper inserts, Defender badging and a Rugby World Cup 2023 logo on the front fenders. Unique puddle lamp graphics with the tournament logo differentiate this special edition at night.
Inside, each of the 23 Land Rover Defender Rugby World Cup France limited edition SUVs is trimmed in Windsor Leather upholstery in Ebony, complemented by an Ebony headliner. Blue contrast stitching on the seats and floor mats provides a pop of color. The front headrests are embroidered with the Rugby World Cup 2023 logo.
A laser-etched fascia panel displays the edition's name and the individual unit number out of 23. Illuminated tread plates also display the edition name and number.
Shared Brand Values
Land Rover's partnership with the 2023 Rugby World Cup in France aims to celebrate the shared values between the automaker, its Defender model and the sport of rugby. Both are designed to be durable, versatile and high-performing.
The Defender Rugby World Cup France limited edition exemplifies these rugged and robust qualities through its powerful design and use of the advanced P400e plug-in hybrid powertrain.
Exclusive Presentation in Paris
This special edition Land Rover Defender will debut at an exclusive event at Le Palais de Tokyo in Paris on September 7, 2022. The reveal will coincide with the start of the 2023 Rugby World Cup festivities.
Throughout the tournament, the limited edition Defender will be displayed at Land Rover's Defender Houses in Paris, Marseille and Nice for invited guests to view.
The 23 Land Rover Defender Rugby World Cup France limited edition SUVs will be delivered to preselected customers in France beginning in March 2024 once production is completed.
Land Rover has created an exclusive 2023 Defender Rugby World Cup France limited edition to commemorate its sponsorship of the upcoming Rugby World Cup in France. Only 23 of these special edition Land Rovers will be built and sold in the French market.