Driven by Cadillac’s latest turbocharging technology and building on more than 15 years of performance credentials, the first-ever 2020 CT4-V and CT5-V were unveiled, expanding choices for the brand’s V-Series performance sub-brand. You can find more visual details of the 2020 Cadillac CT5-V gallery by scrolling up.
Following the 2019 CT6-V (initially known as the CT6 V-Sport), they grow the V-Series family with even more levels of performance, while preserving the lineage established by the original V-Series lineup introduced in 2004.
“The new V-Series sedan lineup defines modern sophistication by combining luxury appointments with thoughtful technology and athletic refinement for the discerning enthusiast,” said Brandon Vivian, Cadillac executive chief engineer. “We are inviting even more customers into the V-Series family by adding a new level of elevated performance between our Sport models and the ultimate, high-performance track capability that the V-Series has grown to represent.”
The first-ever CT4 and recently introduced CT5 represent Cadillac’s realigned sedan portfolio, characterized by new proportions, innovative technologies and more appearance and performance choices. Each is built on Cadillac’s award-winning rear-wheel-drive Alpha architecture, with the V-Series models developed to deliver the ultimate blend of performance, presence and road-going refinement.
Both share the latest standard V-Series performance technologies, including Magnetic Ride Control 4.0, which is tuned specifically for V models to enhance comfort without sacrificing performance-oriented responsiveness, and drive modes that include new V-Mode personalization. Each model is available in RWD or AWD and features a 10-speed automatic transmission, Brembo front brakes with eBoost electronic assist and a limited-slip rear differential on Cadillac CT4-V and electronic limited-slip differential on Cadillac CT5-V.
Cadillac’s exclusive Super Cruise, the first true hands-free driver assistance feature for the freeway, is available on more than 130,000 miles of limited-access freeways in the U.S. and Canada. It will be available on both new V-Series models.
“The new lineup expands the V-Series ethos, drawing more customers into the Cadillac Performance family, and the newest Vs are focused on elevated athleticism and luxurious refinement for customers wanting a dynamic daily drive,” said Mark Reuss, GM president. “And this is only the beginning of the V family. Cadillac’s passion for performance shines on a racetrack. Stay tuned.”
The first-ever Cadillac CT5-V builds on the precision-focused details of the all-new luxury sedan introduced in early 2019 to offer elevated road performance and an engaging driving experience.
You can find more visual details of the 2020 Cadillac CT5-V gallery by scrolling up.
2020 Cadillac CT5-V Front View 3/4
- Powered by Cadillac’s high-output 3.0L Twin Turbo V-6 engine, which uses low-inertia turbochargers to enhance power production across the rpm band. It is rated at a Cadillac-estimated 355 horsepower (265 kW), pending SAE certification.
- 10-speed automatic transmission.
- Electronic limited-slip rear differential.
- Standard RWD and available AWD.
- V-Series performance chassis with Magnetic Ride Control 4.0.
- Performance Traction Management.
- Vehicle Control Mode with customizable V-Mode.
- Brembo front braking system.
- 19-inch wheels and summer-only performance tires (all-season tires available with AWD).
- Dark exterior accents and V-Series mesh grilles; unique rear diffuser and quad exhaust tips.
- Super Cruise available.
- Unique performance persona instrument cluster and V-Mode steering wheel control.