The first luxury vehicle to be delivered by ARES Design’s ‘Legends Reborn’ service was the luxurious Panther ProgettoUno, a comprehensive reimagining of the legendary 1970s Pantera. The car fuses traditional craftsmanship with cutting-edge engineering and manufacturing technologies. Constructed in carbon fibre, this most revered of Italian supercars is powered by a 5,204cc, naturally-aspirated V10 engine which develops 650hp and 600Nm of torque.
From an icon of the past, imagining and designing a legend of the future. The Panther ProgettoUno design is the result of a fusion of beauty, design inspiration and in-depth aerodynamic studies. A design with essential goals: safety at the wheel, reliability of the mechanics, the best dynamic performances. When engineering and design redefine the iconic features of a model, a creature evolves into its most vital part, and the Panther ProgettoUno’s air intake is one of the characteristics that highlight its evolution. Entirely made of carbon fibre, it guarantees a double benefit to the performances of the heart: the upper part takes the air to the engine aspiration system, the lower one deals with the engine bay cooling.
The meticulous genius of craftsmanship, the excellence of materials and the freedom of customisation: from the classic look, with the exclusive Nappa leather, to the up-to-date Alcantara, delicate in its eco-sustainability and with all the grit and personality of the racing-oriented world. Panther ProgettoUno is a living creature and thanks to its hand-crafted interior is able to adapt and compliments in with whoever sits inside. Once seated, passengers and car become one. The design of the seats has been entirely developed by ARES, who chose and moulded the carbon fibre to create both the external and the lower cover. Its racing character is emphasized by the leather and Alcantara upholstery. Maximum comfort: exquisite materials and total electric control of the adjustments. And, naturally, the customisation: in addition to the upholstery, even the shape of the seat can be redesigned on the build at the request of the driver. Centre stage, a newly designed transmission system has the traditional open grid look but houses a modern DCT unit providing the driver with an unparrelled driving experience. Outside, the music of the movement, the voice of the living creature. Inside, the incomparable vividness and quality of its sound. ARES is the first automotive company to work with Daniel Hertz, the renowned Swiss company founded by Mark Levinson, specialists in highest fidelity audio systems. The technology developed by Daniel Hertz for the home audio systems has been redesigned specifically for the Panther ProgettoUno, integrating 3 tweeters, 4 mid-rangers and 4 woofers. A sound experience never lived before.
Meantime, extensive CFD modelling means that the Panther ProgettoUno features the highest possible aerodynamic efficiency and stability. The intakes on the rear bonnet dissolve the heat from the engine bay and generate aerodynamic downforce like many small wings, while the spoiler on the rear window, inspired by the one of the original Pantera leads the airflow to the aerodynamic appendixes of the tail.
The secret of a living creature is the ultimate harmonious interaction of its elements. For this reason, the Panther ProgettoUno has a tailor-made exhaust system: designed and manufactured entirely of stainless steel, it comprises a system of valves with adjustable opening which regulates the noise emission and improves the behaviour of the engine, releasing more power in free mode.
- Length: 4668 mm
- Width: 1977 mm
- Height: 1185 mm
- Front Track: 1628 mm
- Rear Track: 1579 mm
- Wheelbase: 2620 mm
- Front Hoverhang: 1108 mm
- Rear Hoverhang: 940 mm
- Aluminum and carbon fiber hybrid chassis, with carbon fiber panels and integrated high strenght steel rollcage
- Dry Weight: 1423 Kg
- Weight Distribution: 43/57
- Number and arrangement of cylinders: V10 90°
- Displacement: 5.204 cm3
- Engine Control Unit Tuned by ARES
- Exhaust System Designed by ARES
- Maximum power: 485 kW (650 hp) at 8.250 rpm
- Torque: > 600 Nm at 6.500 rpm
- Type: Electronically controlled all-wheel drive system (Haldex gen. V) with rear mechanical self-locking differential
- Gearbox: Dual clutch gearbox with 7 speed.
- Acceleration 0-100 Km/h: 3.1 sec
- Vmax: > 325 Km/h
- Front Axle: Double wishbone fully independent suspension (passive)
- Rear Axle: Double wishbone fully independent suspension (passive)
WHEELS & TYRES
- Front Axle: 9J x 20″ ET30 with 255/30 ZR20 (PIRELLI)
- Rear Axle: 12,5J x 21″ ET32 with 325/25 ZR21 (PIRELLI)
- Front Axle: Carbon ceramic discs, ventilated and cross-drilled (380 mm diameter and 38 mm thickness). 6-Piston monoblock calipers.
- Rear Axle: Carbon ceramic discs, ventilated and cross-drilled (356 mm diameter and 32 mm thickness). 4-Piston monoblock calipers.
- Front LED headlights
- Rear LED lights
- LED DRL
- All external panels in carbon fiber
- Exterior rear-view mirrors in carbon fiber designed by ARES
- Front wiper system designed by ARES
- Grids and air intakes designed by ARES
- Windshield, side and rear window engineered by ARES
- Internal panels in carbon fiber
- Interior designed by ARES, covered in nappa leather and Alcantara