2020 Alpine A110 Color Edition
About the Car
2020 Alpine A110 Color Edition
Emphasising the individuality of Alpine’s lightweight sports car, A110 Color Edition is a new programme which will run annually. Particular versions of the A110 will be offered for a limited period on a yearly rotation, each time in a different bespoke colour.For 2020, A110 Color Edition takes the A110S and repurposes a famous colour from Alpine’s past – Sunflower Yellow. The model will be available to order between now and the end of the year, after which the paint finish will be retired from Alpine’s colour palette. Sharing its powertrain and chassis with the A110S, A110 Color Edition 2020 delivers the most vibrant-looking Alpine so far and the most stimulating A110 driving experience.
The tricolour badges which feature inside and out on standard A110s are replaced on A110 Color Edition 2020 by carbon fibre and yellow emblems. Elsewhere in the cabin, grey stitching and a yellow 12 o’clock marker on the steering wheel neatly complement the body colour, and reflected by highlights to the Alpine logo on the Sabelt fixed-back bucket seats. A plaque on the centre console denotes the limited-run model.Like the A110S, A110 Color Edition 2020 features high-end Dinamica upholstery across the cabin for a heightened finish. The new model has the same high specification as the A110S, as well as the same 292PS powertrain and focused chassis tune for a 0-62mph time of just 4.4 seconds, while the top speed is 162mph.
- Alpine Design Director Antony Villain comments: “The new A110 Color Edition programme gives us the opportunity to really enhance the characteristics of different versions of the A110. For 2020, we have recreated the Sunflower Yellow colour from Alpine’s past, here with a solid finish to really complement the sporty, intense persona of the A110S. For me, Sunflower Yellow and the A110S make for a perfect combination.”
- “Until now we haven’t shown the A110 in many vibrant colours, but with Alpine firmly re-established we will start to see many more bold colours like Sunflower Yellow beginning to come through, thanks to the A110 Color Edition and Atelier Alpine programmes. Unveiling A110 Color Edition 2020 at the same time as A110 Légende GT, models that stretch the A110 in two distinct directions, demonstrates the car’s very broad spread of abilities.”
- The A110 Color Edition 2020 is available at €71,000.
- Atelier Alpine
Atelier Alpine is the personalisation programme offering 29 new body colours, three wheel finishes and four brake caliper paint shades, which ensures every new A110 can be as individual as its owner. The new bodywork paint colours take inspiration from Alpine hues of the past, reformulated by the French sports car manufacturer’s paint experts using modern ingredients and the latest application methods.
- From understated greys and off-whites to vibrant reds, oranges and blues, plus elegant metallic shades and more purposeful solid colours, Alpine now offers an extensive palette for A110 customers to choose from.
- Buyers can further personalise their cars by specifying one of three wheel finishes for the existing wheel designs (Gloss White, Gloss Black or Vibrant Gold) and by selecting one of four paint colours for the brake calipers (Light Grey, Red, Yellow or Vibrant Gold, all in addition to the existing options). Over time, Atelier Alpine will be expanded to offer an even wider range of riced at €4,800, the 29 new paint colours will be limited to 110 cars worldwide ensuring the cars are remain a unique offering. To ensure the highest quality standards are met, these cars will be painted by hand in a dedicated zone at the factory in Dieppe, France.
- Alpine Managing Director Patrick Marinoff comments: “With Alpine now firmly reestablished as a highly-regarded sports car manufacturer, the time is right to offer a wider range of personalisation options to our customers. We had a responsibility to relaunch Alpine with patience and care, taking one step at a time, while drawing on the most iconic elements of the brand. Atelier Alpine marks the arrival of a new chapter.”
- “In a respectful nod to our past, many of the newly available colours are reformulated Alpine colours of old, in many cases from the very same suppliers. However, our paint specialists worked meticulously to recreate these tones using the latest ingredients and painting methods.”
- “As a result of Atelier Alpine’s new personalisation options, we are sure to see plenty of unique A110s leave the production line in Dieppe. In particular, I am looking forward to seeing a real variety of Alpines heading off to customers, from very bold and striking creations to subtler, more demure cars.”
- A110 Légende GT, A110 Color Edition and Atelier Alpine are introduced under the leadership of Alpine’s new Managing Director, Patrick Marinoff. With years of experience at premium European car manufacturers, German-born Marinoff brings a global perspective as Alpine works to replicate its sales success in its home market around the world.
- Alpine Managing Director, Patrick Marinoff, said: “With this series of announcements we proudly move forward to the next chapter of Alpine’s rebirth. A110 Légende GT takes the elegance at the heart of every A110 to a whole new level; this is the Alpine for buyers who value timeless design above all else.”
- “The A110 was designed and engineered from the outset to have real breadth of character, and with the intense and sporty A110S on one side and the elegant A110 Légende GT on the other, we are demonstrating exactly how much potential the car has.”
- “Alpine customers are individuals; people who choose to break the mould. With A110 Color Edition and Atelier Alpine, we are exploring the A110’s individual side even further. Our customers now have the opportunity to match their car’s personality to their own.”
- “Alpine is the market leader in France, by a clear margin, which is testament to the inherent quality of the A110. Now the task is to build on that success in markets around the world. As a sign of Alpine’s more global outlook, we will intensify our marketing activities outside our domestic market, starting with a summer roadshow across Europe while also optimising our network footprint in key markets.”
- “The arrival of A110 Légende GT, A110 Color Edition and Atelier Alpine herald the next steps of our development. We will continue to offer special editions to our customers and expand our individualisation programme in the years to come.”